NR7101 GNSS

Options
bappelsin
bappelsin Posts: 1
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband

I upgraded from LTE7480 to NR7101 after 5G came available to my location. Is there a way to use the GNSS functionality of the device in some fashion? Ie. Is it possible to get location or time data (NMEA messages) to devices on the local network? I tried to search for info but couldn't find any.

All Replies

• gwenson
    Options

@rocket bot royale

There is no way to directly output NMEA messages from the NR7101's GNSS receiver to devices on the local network. However, there are a few workarounds that you can use.

One option is to use a third-party application to bridge the gap between the NR7101's GNSS receiver and your local network. For example, you could use the following steps:

Install a third-party GNSS application on the NR7101, such as GPSD or NTRIP Client.
    Configure the third-party application to output NMEA messages to a TCP port on the NR7101.
    Set up a TCP port forwarding rule on the NR7101 to forward the NMEA messages to a device on your local network.
    On the device on your local network, run a program that can listen for and decode NMEA messages, such as a GPS mapping software or a GNSS receiver.

• Bob_C
    Bob_C Posts: 170  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hi bappelsin,

GNSS data is available at the bottom of Cellular Info page (Home page > Cellular Info).

Regards,

Bob

Consumer Product Help Center