Options

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 584  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi all Nebula FWA510’s users,

We are pleased to announce the release of an official firmware addressing and resolving the reported issue. Please consider upgrading to the latest firmware version, V1.17(ACGD.1)C0.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. If you encounter any persistent problems, kindly provide details about the issue or outline the actions leading to it. If possible, include a screenshot or video recording of the problem.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kay

• bejb
    bejb Posts: 14  Freshman Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

Many thanks for that.

I installed it when I got your message. I'm afraid it seemed to give me terribly slow and unreliable service. So I've reverted to the previous working version (V1.15(ACGD.3)C0).

I'll wait to hear what other people say and do some more testing myself. I just thought I'd let you know my first impression - sorry :-(

Eric

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 970  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi @bejb ,

Thank you for your feedback.

We will investigate and confirm the issue, and we'll keep you updated on any developments.

Meanwhile, could you please specify which service you found to be terribly slow and unreliable when using Nebula FWA510 with V1.17P1 firmware? This information will assist us in more promptly identifying the issue.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• bejb
    Options

It's quite tricky to describe, mainly because it was so dramatic compare to when the V1.15 is installed. Simply put, the connection was unuseable. It was so slow, often it seemed as though there was no connection.

I have a basic speed detector on my phone and it seemed as though it was using all the bandwidth to ether transmit or receive - but not both. So the dialogue stopped. That was my perception so it may be wrong.

The rest of the family rapid got quite grumpy and told me to sort it out, so I went back and reinstalled the V1.15 version and the problems all went away.

Sorry 😒

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 970  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi @bejb ,

Thank for your feedback. To enable a more thorough investigation of the problem, could you please assist by:

• Taking screenshots of the cellular info page (on local GUI) while using firmware versions 1.15P3 and 1.17P1.
    • Performing network speed tests using both 1.15P3 and 1.17P1, and capturing screenshots of these tests.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• bejb
    Options

OK, I've got the captures, upgraded to .17 and repeated the captures. I've attached them in the hope they help. If you think they reveal any information that I shouldn't share publicly, feel free to delete them from your end.

Having repeated the upgrade, so far I haven't experienced the same poor service. Maybe doing an upgrade in the evening, after a tiring day, using my phone wirelessly while sitting on the sofa is not such a good idea. Maybe it's better to do it in the morning, calmly sitting by a desktop computer with a wired connection, testing as you go along? Or maybe if I wait patiently, the problems will recur?

• bejb
    Options

I think maybe I have slightly more understanding.

With version .15 installed,I was experimenting with the cellular band fixed in 5g - either SA or NSA. The connection showed on the router as 5g-NSA.

However, with .17 installed (same network connection), 5G-NSA does not work. The connection needs to be 4G in order to connect. That was why when I installed .17, I lost the connection.

It would be interesting to see if .17 can connect to 5G if I had a stronger 5g signal. I'll carry on experimenting, to see if I can find out anymore.

• Zyxel_Kay
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi @bejb

Thank you for sharing the details of your recent tests and the captures. We're glad to hear that after upgrading to V1.17 again, the poor service issue seems to have been resolved.

Since the issue seems to have improved, and we couldn't replicate it from our end, we'd appreciate it if you could share more details about the problem (ex: cellular info, speedtest result) or the specific actions that led to it if the problem reoccurs. Your continued feedback is valuable for addressing any potential issues.

Kay

• bejb
    Options

OK, its definitely that the .15 firmware identifies that I can have a NR5G-NSA connection (although all of the signal is LTE, with no 5G signal) and that the .17 firmware says that I cannot have a 5G connection, only 4G. When I first switched to .17, I think I had probably selected 5G as the chosen band, so the service stopped with the installation of the .17 firmware.

To try to gain more information, when I had the .17 firmware installed, I took my router outside, so there was no obstruction (eg glass windows) - with only clear air, line of sight between the router and the mast, which is about 1.2 miles away. There are no other masts around (it is very rural), so that must be the one providing service. The firmware showed I was getting an excellent LTE signal (band B8) with no 5G signal, and the connection was 4G.

I reinstalled firmware version .15(3). Then the firmware said I had a NR5G-NSA connection. It still said I had an excellent LTE connection (still band B8) with no 5G signal. The speed test results between the .17/LTE and the .15/5G connections were very similar - more in the 4G range than 5G - say 20-35M download.

My Provider, O2, says I can get a good 5G signal outside and that my sim is a 5G sim. You can see their coverage if you look at the O2 coverage map and put in my postcode - NE65 7AN.

So there is something different between the .15 and .17 firmware in the way it identifies whether I have or can have a 5G connection. Whether the .15 was wrong or the .17 is blocking a 5g connection isn't clear to me.

• Zyxel_Kay
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi @bejb

To ensure your Nebula FWA510 can establish a 5G connection, please navigate to your web GUI: Network Setting > Broadband > Cellular Band. In this section, select the 'Preferred Access Technology' option, which includes the '5G' choice, and enable 'Band Auto Selection.' This configuration allows the router to automatically search for the best available band.

After making these adjustments, please check if your mobile router establishes a 5G connection. Additionally, share a screenshot of your cellular info with us to further assist in diagnosing the issue.

Kay

Nebula Tips & Tricks