Options
2»

Comments

• BjoWis
    BjoWis Posts: 33  Freshman Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I have run into the same issue after flashing my NAS540. It doesn't boot up and the reset button doesnt work.

@Mijzelf Is there a user guide how to hookup the serial port? The one you have linked to is not for newbies like me.

First of all I can't figure out where J1 is on the image of the PCB (maybe I need new glasses?)
    What's the next step when the serial port is hooked up?

Any help or guideline is appreciated.

Greetings from Sweden

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,639  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

>First of all I can't figure out where J1 is on the image of the PCB (maybe I need new glasses?)
    >What's the next step when the serial port is hooked up?

It used to be possible to zoom in on the photo, but unfortunately archive.org didn't store the high-res photo. The connector can be found on the bottom of the photo, at about 1/3 of the right. It's the 5-with-one-pin-missing connector. (Most ZyXEL hardware have such a 5-1 connector).

The next step is just look at the boot messages. Both bootloader and firmware print their output to the serial port. It might be possible to find why it doesn't boot. (Which doesn't guarantee it can be fixed, then)

• upscalevalley
    Options
    Hello all. I am face a bit similar issue but my NAS beeps after putting disks inside. Let me know the solution. :/
  • ikubuf
    ikubuf Posts: 134  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Do you have any data inside the disk? If you do not have any data, try to pull out the disk after shut down the NAS, and turn on the NAS, will the NAS still beeps?
    If the NAS do not beep, try to plug in the NAS when NAS shutdown, and turn it on after make sure the disk are plug in correctly.

• efji81
    Options
    Mijzelf said:

This link is´t working any more. Could some one post it again or better post a USB drive for a NAS542...my nas wont start correct.
  • efji81
    Options
    Mijzelf said:

This link is´t working any more. Could some one post it again or better post a USB drive for a NAS542...my nas won´t start correct.
  • Orrpan
    Orrpan Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

my nas540 also got stuck in boot after doing this. I hooked it up with serial and it is the error where it stops at T T dhcp 192.168.1.199. Haven’t figured out how to fix it, searched the forum and there’s alot of these threds but nothing worked so far.

Consumer Product Help Center