LTE3316 How do I use it with a VPN? - URGENT

Options
DWARD
DWARD Posts: 10
Friend Collector First Comment
edited March 25 in Home Router

There is no options in the menu for VPN, the box says L2TPv2 and GRE client mode but its not in the menu system. Please advise urgently. There is no other way to contact you, no phone/email/chat.

All Replies

• DWARD
    edited March 26
    Options

• StefanZ
    StefanZ Posts: 191  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

LTE3316-M604 handbook states:
    Menu Configuration > Application > VPN > L2TP VPN for the Server and Configuration > Application>
    VPN > L2TP Client
    for the client. [in standalone mode].

You have the latest FW installed and you are sure it is a LTE3316-M604?

https://www.zyxel.com/de/de/support/download?model=lte3316-m604

• DWARD
    Options

yes, latest and yes that’s the model.

• DWARD
    Options

it’s a version 2 model, all the instructions I can find are for version 1 and it’s shows you how to use a vpn, can’t find anything about the version 2 model however the box clearly says it can do VPN

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 845  Guru Member
    edited March 26
    Options

Hello @DWARD

Welcome to the forum.

There is some information in the user guide, see below extract, available to download at https://www.zyxel.com/uk/en-gb/support/download?model=lte3316-m604 as a ZIP file with 2 PDFs in it.

It depends if you want a VPN passthrough or not, or you want to have the LTE3316-m604 as an endpoint of a VPN tunnel itself. Different setup for different choices.

@StefanZ gave some information above as well.

Installing up to date firmware might help you, though the release notes do not mention any changes or fixes for VPN.

Kind regards,

Tony

• DWARD
    Options

Thanks, however the user guide for V1 has that but my hardware is version 2.. if you look at the user guide for that suddenly VPN isn't an option. Its like they have upgraded the firmware and the ability to use a VPN has been removed.

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 845  Guru Member
    edited March 26
    Options

Hello @DWARD

You are welcome.

I have looked at the release note for the firmware, see below extract, and it does not say that the VPN feature has been removed. It also says that the firmware is generic for the LTE3316-m604

The latest firmware does resolve a security vulnerability too.

It is v1 of the user guide, but I think that it applies to all the hardware. It does not say that it is hardware version specific for the LTE3316-m604.

Are the options for VPN definitely missing under the Configuration menu and Application under Configuration?

Kind regards,

Tony

• DWARD
    Options

Thanks for your continued help.

The screen shot you have above is for VERSION1 The menu system in VERSION 2 is completely different and there isn't a "configuration menu" I have attached a screen shot of the user guide you are using and at the top you can see it says V 1

• DWARD
    Options

The menu system I have is VER 2 and here is a screen shot of what is available

• DWARD
    Options

In all of those menus (and in the V2 user guide) there is NO mention of VPN

Consumer Product Help Center