FWA710 - Connection drop out / Power cycle

Kash
Kash Posts: 3  Freshman Member
First Comment Friend Collector

I've raised a support ticket but thought i'd ask here too.

When the product is connected, it performs perfectly. Signal is constantly above -66 / -67db. However, it randomly looses connection and the only way to seem to be able to restore connection is to power cycle the unit. Once a reboot is performed connection is restored and it works perfectly again.

Is there anything in the configuration that may be causing this? We know that there is no issue with the sim card as it was previously used in a huawei router which worked perfectly fine for a few years.

I can confirm that the cable used has been tested and is fine. The FWA710 is being used as a WAN connection into a Ubiquiti gateway. I can confirm that is all configured perfectly and works as expected.

I'm not sure why the connection drops and a power-cycle is required in order for the connection to be restored. 

Is there anything you could advise?

All Replies

• TheRider
    TheRider Posts: 1  Freshman Member
    First Comment

Hi! Same problem here. Did you get any answer from the support? Or any solution to the problem?

• Kash
    Kash Posts: 3  Freshman Member

Yes. Turns out the FWA710 has an issue with the 'n78' band which EE uses. Their recommendation was to swap to an 'N28' band however EE were not very helpful with obtaining the settings needed.

I ended up just turning off the 5G and reverted to 4G only for now which has been solid conneciton since.

On Three network, there is no issue with 5G however three is not availble in the area of use.

• nsmith
    nsmith Posts: 19  Freshman Member

it might be because EE ‘sleep’ their n78 cells from 01:00 until 06:00 in some locations. Unless you’re locked onto n78 it won’t switch back by itself when they ‘wake’ it up.

• SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 329  Master Member
    5 Answers First Comment Friend Collector Third Anniversary
    edited September 15

Firmware update FWA710,

1.18(ACGC.4)C0

Dated 2 September 2024.

Consumer Product Help Center