NR7101 Module Firmware Upgrade Fail

All Replies

• Stosun
    Stosun Posts: 23  Freshman Member
    First Comment Friend Collector

Selberg do you feel any improvement or deterioration from the new firmware? Thanks

• SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 325  Master Member
    5 Answers First Comment Friend Collector Third Anniversary

I did the update early in the morning just before i went to work.

I haven't got the time to test it.

• lynxthecat
    lynxthecat Posts: 10  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    edited October 11

I think typically the firmware updates mostly just affect channel aggregation for those fortunate enough to benefit from the same. Are there release notes that we can see somehow? Perhaps from the original Quectel updates?

I imagine a much larger difference would be observable by running cake-autorate. This keeps latency in check using the CAKE algorithm, albeit it requires running OpenWrt (either on the NR7101 directly or a separate downstream router). See this OpenWrt thread.

• spezwend
    spezwend Posts: 4  Freshman Member

Let's hope so :) I have a problem with CA. ISP switches off some bands at night, but in the morning they are not connected again and the speed is half what could be.

• Mayone78
    Mayone78 Posts: 35  Freshman Member
    First Comment Friend Collector First Anniversary

Hello everyone. I updated to the new firmware and now I noticed a drastic drop in performance... in download it gives me back 50Mbps against the 600Mbps of before...

does it also appear to you?

• mud_master96
    mud_master96 Posts: 5  Freshman Member
    First Comment Friend Collector First Anniversary
    edited October 11

Hello everyone
    I just downgraded and updated to be able to get to the latest release in this way in about 1 hour
    -I started from the RG502QEAACR13A02M4G released in mid-2023

• downgraded with the zip RG502QEAACR13A02M4G-RG502QEAAAR11A07M4G
    • upgraded with RG502QEA_R11A07-ZYXELR13A02 (I already noticed from here that the connectivity did not go back up)
    • upgraded with R13A02-R13A04

As soon as I saw that everything was updated correctly I did a reset of the device, reset in ip passthrough etc (I installed the newly released v10)
    But as soon as I use the cell lock, cell band or pci scan the connectivity either really struggles to go back up or simply does not go back up
    Rebooting from the gui does not help at all, but if I unplug it I can navigate
    In this case the cell lock seems to work correctly but the cell band really in some cases (for example if I do cell lock on a specific band, and I go to select the 3 bands in 4g that I use in my area, as always done since 2022, when I restart, it appears that all the bands are selected)
    It is a very annoying problem, does anyone have this problem?
    Do you have any advice on how to proceed? If there are also modules to do the downgrade
    Thanks

Update: I solved all the problems with cell lock and cell band by flashing the 100ABUV0C0.bin version and then going back to 100ABUV10C0.bin
    The pci scan still doesn't work, but honestly it's a function I don't use at the moment

• SELBERG

Pciscan works but you have to wait two and a half minutes.👎️

• Stosun

I have another chance to downgrade the version13a02-R11a07 and wanted to continue R11a07 to r13a02 and then to 13a04. But I got stuck and I can't go up from version 11a07..What the hell is this from zyxel??

• SELBERG

Did you download the new file A07-A12 or do you use older file?

Try a factory reset before upgrading, also a power off for a few minutes....

• Stosun

I now have the downgrade version from this post. But I can't get any higher than that. How did you upgrade?

Consumer Product Help Center