Multy M1:Can not add a satellite after setting up "brigde mode" in the main router

Options
Hello
I am having several problems setting up a satellite with my MULTI M1.
I have the main M1 router connected directly to the ISP router. 
Initially, I configured both router and satellite through the WEB GUI (since neither WPS worked, nor the app has worked on 5 different devices). Up to that point, apparently everything was fine.
The problem arose when I finished the configuration, setting the main router as a bridge. There is no way to find the satellite.
Summary:

- Main router, connected as a bridge to the router of my ISP company.
- Satellite router reset to factory defaults.
- From WEB GUI, add satellite and try to pair by WPS, both flash pink, but cannot find each other.
- If I connect both by cable on LAN 1, they are not seen either.

Although from the app it didn't let me initially configure anything (it didn't go past scanning the QR), now it works, more or less. That is, it crashes frequently or my network does not appear. But when I manage to enter, from adding satellite, it does not go beyond "detecting satellite unit".
So I can't add the satellite either via the web, or WPS, or with the app. any advice considering they are new?
Thank you very much

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,079  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @MikeWalls

Thank you for your feedback
    \\So I can't add the satellite either via the web, or WPS, or with the app. any advice considering they are new?

Please make sure that your Multy APP is on the latest firmware.
    The current versions are Android (2.5.4.221229) and IOS (V2.5.4).
    Then, reset both the main Multy and satellite devices, 
    make sure that the main Multy device turns into blue LED.
    You can follow this article to complete installation process: 

\\Initially, I configured both router and satellite through the WEB GUI (since neither WPS worked, nor the app has worked on 5 different devices). Up to that point, apparently everything was fine.

It's important to note that the Multy device must be connected to the WAN port before starting the installation process, and when using the Multy APP to install, there's no need to press the WPS button on the main Multy device.

\\The problem arose when I finished the configuration, setting the main router as a bridge. There is no way to find the satellite.

At the moment, Have you completed the installation of the satellite yet? 
    To set up the satellite, you can follow the article below
    https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/13714/how-to-install-the-satellite-on-multy-m1-and-check-the-mesh-status#latest

• MikeWalls
    Options
    Estimated Jerry,
    First of all, thank you for your quick answer and advice.
    Please note that both the version of the Android app and the firmware of the routers are up to date.
    Thank you for the tutorials, but I have already reviewed them and thoroughly followed the steps.
    Anyway, I have managed to solve it as follows:
    - Reset both routers.
    - Configured the one that was initially the satellite as the main router. This, from the GUI, since from the mobile the app still does not work correctly. 
    - Configured the router as a bridge
    - Once this is done, it appears in the application, and lets me add satellite. On the third attempt, I get it to work from the APP.

I think everything is working fine now.

As an appreciation, I think the application should work better. In my case, it has been useless on 3 different devices (different android versions) and a tablet.

Thank you
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,079  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @MikeWalls

Thanks for the feedback.
    \\Configured the one that was initially the satellite as the main router. This, from the GUI, since from the mobile the app still does not work correctly. 
    Could you share which model of your mobile and Android version encounter the issue?
  • MikeWalls
    Options

Sorry for the delay

The mobile device I tested on was a Pixel 4a. Android 13 version. Also tried in a Pixel 6a, same version.

I also tried on a XPERIA ZX1 , android version is 9

Another device I tested was on a family member's phone, which was a Xiaomi, but I don't remember the model let alone the version. (Updated: Pocophone M4 Pro, OS: MIUI 13.0.2 based on Android 12)

Saying that right now, on the Pixel 4a, with everything configured, I can check the Zyxel devices.

Thanks

edit: updated with mobiles versions

Consumer Product Help Center