How to set Multy M1 Wan port to connect to fibre modem

Options

I have a TP-link router with the WAN port connected to my fibre modem but trying to replace it with a Multy M1 does not work. The automatic connection software fails and trying to do it manually via a web browser on a laptop does not show the same fields for settings as on the TP-Link.

If I do the best I can for settings it still doesn't connect and seems not to remember the data I entered. How can I connect to my fibre modem?

Alternatively - how do I get a Multy M1 to connect as a wireless satellite to my TP-Link router which includes "Easy Mesh"?

Solving either of the above allows me to remove a box from my network and save on power consumption as well as space but the Zyxel soft/firmware doesn't seem to allow such a useful thing to happen although both should be basic networking.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 568  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @rossm

To connect your Multy M1 to your fibre modem, ensure that you connect the WAN port of the Multy M1 to the LAN port of your fibre modem. Once the physical connection is established, you can proceed with the Multy M1 router installation by following the steps provided in this article: Multy M1 Installation — Zyxel Community 

Additionally, please check the internet connection mode on your TP-Link router (e.g., PPPoE, DHCP, or static IP) and replicate the same configuration on the Multy M1 router. You can configure Multy M1 internet connection setting at Web Configurator >> Internet >> Internet Connection. 

Alternatively - how do I get a Multy M1 to connect as a wireless satellite to my TP-Link router which includes "Easy Mesh"?

Please note that the Multy M1 is only compatible with other Multy M1 devices to build a mesh network. It cannot establish a mesh connection with other brands. 

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or if you encounter any issues during the installation process 

Kay

Kay

• vlkngn
    vlkngn Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Dear Kay,

If I am using my mesh in NAT Standard Mode, then connecting ISP Router's LAN to Multy Router's WAN works perfectly. BUT, if I am using Multy Mesh as Bridge, then, when I connect ISP Router's LAN to Multy's WAN, I cannot get WIFI internet.

If I use a LAN port on Multy Router, then I get WIFI internet, BUT in this case, satellite Multy needs to be connected with LAN cable - it cannot connect with Multy Router wireless.

What am I missing?

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 568  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @vlkngn

Firstly, you may troubleshoot your problem with the following steps:

1. Reset both the Multy M1 Router and Satellite to factory default settings.
    2. Connect the ISP router's LAN port to M1 Router's WAN port.
    3. Wait for the M1 Router's LED to turn lake green and follow this installation guide.
    4. Once the installation is done, turn the M1 Router operating mode from Standard Mode to Bridge Mode. When the LED light turns into solid green, means that the setup for M1 Router is completed.
    5. You may now install your M1 Satellite through the instruction here.

If the problem persists, please send us feedback through Multy APP. By doing so, we will be able to check the log of your Multy M1 and gather more specific details to assist you further.

Kay

Consumer Product Help Center