HP OfficeJet Pro 9022e keeps losing connection to wireless network

Options

All Replies

• PimK82
    PimK82 Posts: 49  Freshman Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

Hi Nami,

I've tested all of the above. When on the same AP we can ping each other. When on different AP's we can't ping each other.

I can't roam the printer without turning it off and on again. Sometimes everything start working again. So what's the best way to roam the printer you think?

• PimK82
    Options

Hi Nami,

As of 13:45 I can ping the printer on AP2 and I am on AP1 with my client. If I try to print it doesn't work unfortunately.

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 518  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hi Pim @PimK82

Thank you for sharing the test results.

Based on the results, it’s assumed that the end devices couldn't communicate with each other when they were on different APs. The issue has occurred sometimes, but not all the time.

To proceed with further investigation and troubleshooting, please help clarify the following:

• When the printer and your laptop were connected to AP_02 yesterday, you mentioned that the laptop couldn't ping the printer. How about the print when the laptop and the printer are at AP_02?
    • Are there any other devices (IPTV, IP camera,..) connected to the Switch, apart from the two APs?

In the event that this issue occurs again, we kindly request your assistance in conducting a test with Wireshark and Port Mirror enabled on the Switch. Here's how to set it up:

Test Setup:

1. Laptop A should be connected directly to the Switch to capture the packets
    2. Use laptop B or phone to perform both ping and print commands. This device should be connected to a different AP than the one the printer is connected to.

Switch Configuration:

• Port 5 (laptop A)should be set as the Monitor Port.
    • Ports 2 and 3 (both APs) should be set as the Mirrored Ports.

Wireshark Capture:

• Open Wireshark on laptop A to capture the network packets when the issue reoccurs.
    • Save and send the captured packet data to us via private message.

Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Zyxel Nami

• PimK82
    Options

Hi Nami,

I just discover that there is one more component involved. There is a modem which is the DHCP server for the complete network. Could it be that this adds issues?

What's the best way to setup DHCP, let the AP's do it, let the switch do it or just leave the modem the DHCP server?

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Hello Pim,

The Switch GS1200-8HPv2 model and AP itself couldn't act as a DHCP Server. The best way to set up DHCP is from the modem/router, which is the uplink of the switch as per your current topology. However, this shouldn't be the cause.

Aside from the modem and the 2 APs, are there any other devices connecting to the Switch?

Regarding the test I mentioned above, is there anything unclear that you would like to clarify? Please don't hesitate to let me know.

Zyxel Nami

• PimK82
    edited September 2023
    Options

Ok, I will leave this configuration as it is.

There is nothing else connected to the switch.

Your explanation is clear to me, I'm prepping the setup right now.

• PimK82
    Options

For the moment I've not had any print issues, after the weekend I will keep monitoring and update this post when I've done the requested testing.

• PimK82
    Options

Hi Nami @Zyxel_Nami,

I've just noticed that I couldn't print anymore and created the setup as you requested. I've sent a print to the printer and captured a few minutes during my tries.

I will send you the capture privately for investigating and I'm looking forward to a response about the issue.

Have a nice day.

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Hello Pim,

Upon analysis, we observed that laptop B sent an MDNS query for the HP Officejet Pro 9022e printer utilizing the IPPS protocol. We have just sent you the related frames via private message for your reference.

Initially, it was presumed that the printing issue happened when end devices connected to different APs, but now it appears to occur even on the same AP. Could you please check if, for instance, laptop B can ping laptop C (connected to the same AP) when the printing issue reoccurs?

Besides, we don't know how you set up the test, therefore, we would like to reconfirm the following testing steps. If possible, please help us to test once again.

1. Connect laptop A to the Switch via Ethernet
    2. Configure a mirror port on the Switch ⇒ Please share a screenshot of the Port Mirroring to confirm if it is correct.
    3. Run Wireshark on laptop A
    4. Ensure laptop B and the Printer are connected to the same SSID and AP.
    5. Initiate a print command from laptop B, note the exact time, and wait for 2-3 minutes to observe if the printer processes the command.
    6. Please share packet captures for both scenarios:
      1. When the printer can print out (if you could print now, please send it first)
      2. When the printer can't print out

Additionally, we have a more stable date code firmware available for NWA50AX models. The official firmware is slated for release at the end of October. If you're open to it, we can help to upgrade to the date code firmware that may mitigate the issue.

Awaiting your response.

Zyxel Nami

• PimK82
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hi Nami,

I've set things up as you requested. What I now can add is the following. This morning again print problems. I also tried pinging a laptop on the network. I've noticed that I CAN'T ping another laptop at this moment. It doesn't matter on which AP I'm on; 100% packet loss. I've attached in the private message a capture file when we couldn't print (a new capture as requested) and also a capture file when we could print again after resetting the AP's.

Attached a screenshot how I configured the switch:

Port 1 and 2 are the AP's, port 5 was the laptop with Wireshark. For the rest I exactly did what you said.

Nebula Tips & Tricks