Options

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 518  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello Pim,

Thank you for your cooperation and for providing the packet captures.

Upon review, we observed that no packet frames were transmitted between laptop B and the HP printer after the laptop received the mDNS reply from the printer, even in the successful print packet. The packet was captured at 11:49, whereas you mentioned that the printing commenced at 11:45. It lasted around 5 minutes. We would like to ask whether the print was also successful after 11:45, specifically from 11:49 to 11:51 (end of packet).

You mentioned:

I've noticed that I CAN'T ping another laptop at this moment. It doesn't matter on which AP I'm on; 100% packet loss.

⇒ In the Nebula log, it shows that the end devices are still connected to the AP as usual. Could you let us know if the end devices were able to access the internet during the times when printing was successful and when it failed? If the devices could access the internet but couldn’t communicate with each other, then this is likely where the problem lies.

For the next step, we suggest setting up a remote access session to dig deeper into this issue. If you're okay with this, please share your Team Viewer details and let us know your preferred time to leave the environment as is, especially if there’s no urgent need to print.

Since this problem doesn't come up often, and considering the time zone difference between us, as well as the limited overlapping time (we are available from 9 AM to 6 PM UTC+8 on weekdays), it might be challenging to catch the issue as it happens. Therefore, we suggest sending a print command whenever it's convenient for you, and sending us a private message right away so we can support you remotely.

Alternatively, we recommend upgrading to the official firmware scheduled for release next week, and observing if the issue reoccurs before proceeding with the remote access.

Please let us know your thoughts.

Zyxel Nami

• PimK82
    PimK82 Posts: 49  Freshman Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

Hi Nami,

After I printed at 11:45 we could all print the whole day. As of that time we were able to print the whole week actually. Just did another print and it was successful. Mostly it stops after the weekend if I'm correct. Will check that next Tuesday when I'm at the office and let you know.

As for the pinging issue, yes it was possible for all clients to access the Internet at that moment. Only pinging failed.

I got an e-mail about the update of next week. It's OK to wait until it's finished and have a look at the problem again through a remote session.

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Hello @PimK82

We noticed that you've upgraded two APs to the latest official firmware. How has the performance been since the upgrade?

In case the issue reoccurs, we would like you to check the reboot sequence as follows:

1. Initially, reboot both APs and observe if this action resolves the printing task.
    2. If the issue persists, please proceed to reboot the switch.

We look forward to your feedback.

Zyxel Nami

• PimK82
    Options

I've updated Tuesday night indeed. There was no chance to check the issue until today. Today I could print normally. I will keep monitoring in the coming days and let you know.

As for the reboot sequence you suggest. I know that when I reboot both AP's, the issue is gone. That was my workaround for the past months. Also the reason why I've requested an automatic reboot schedule in your software. Automatic reboots would be a good workaround if the issue persists.

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Hello Pim,

Thanks for the update.

Regarding the reboot schedule feature, it has been supported recently when Nebula Phase 17.20 launched last week. Please find the FAQ here:

Zyxel Nami

• PimK82
    Options

Thanks Nami. I missed this. Good to know it's now possible.

You will understand that I'm going to wait a little longer to see if the print-issues come back. If they come back I will firstly let you know. We can then setup a remote session to investigate deeper.

• PimK82
    Options

Hello Nami,

This morning the prints won't come out anymore. It worked for a few weeks and now it's broken again. I can't reach the printer (AP02) from my workstation (AP01).

Can you start an investigation now by any chances?

Let me know.

• Zyxel_Nami
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello @PimK82

Please help to enable Zyxel Support Access again.

I can't reach the printer (AP02) from my workstation (AP01).

⇒ Are you saying that you performed the ping test from workstation to the printer and it failed?

Zyxel Nami

• PimK82
    Options

I've enabled it.

I can't ping it and I can't reach the printers website either. Completely unavailable.

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Hi @PimK82

Please provide the MAC address of the tested laptop today.

Zyxel Nami

Nebula Tips & Tricks