All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 518  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hello @PimK82

Thank you for updating.

I received the diagnostic files.

However, we also need to check the event log on Nebula, could you please enable Zyxel Support again?

Zyxel Nami

• PimK82
    PimK82 Posts: 49  Freshman Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

Ofcourse, it's enabled again.

• Zyxel_Nami
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi @PimK82

We're in the process of thoroughly reviewing the diagnostic files and will provide you with further feedback as soon as our analysis is complete.

Let's confirm the issue! It is that your co-worker's device can see the printer, and send print commands, but the printer cannot print out. When the device is brought closer to both the printer and the AP that I am assuming they are located closely, it can print out.

While we are checking the diagnostic files, we'd like to suggest enabling U-APSD on the Key2Control SSID to potentially enhance the printer's performance.

Direction: Configure → Access points → SSID advanced settings → Advanced settings: enable U-APSD

Additionally, we recommend checking the printer's logs or reaching out to HP support to determine if there's any underlying reason that could explain the printing issue.

Rest assured that we're dedicated to resolving this matter and providing you with the best possible solution.

Zyxel Nami

• PimK82
    Options

Hi @Zyxel_Nami,

Just enabled this "U-APSD" setting. I will keep monitoring it for now.

With HP we already checked the logging and they can't find any irregular things, except the roaming which happens from time to time.

Ok, keep me posted. Thanks again!

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Hello @PimK82

How has the connection been since enabling U-APSD?

We've observed how the printer connects to the AP. It remains connected in the morning and gets disconnected in the evening, which appears to be a stable pattern.

To help us investigate further, could you please check how your computer connects to the printer by pinging the printer's IP address from the computer when the issue reoccurs?

Zyxel Nami

• PimK82
    Options

Hi @Zyxel_Nami,

I have the issue right now. The printer is online on AP02 and I'm connected to AP01, my IP is 192.168.178.38. I can't print and the ping result you can see below:

I don't think that behaviour you see with the printer going offline at 20:00 and online 7:00 has something to do with it. Also this is because of the SSID availability. The SSID's go offline at 20:00 and online at 7:00 for security reasons. Enabling U-APSD has brought any changes unfortunately.

Maybe good to check the logging right now? I can't print right now.

• PimK82
    Options

Just my opinion:

It seems like the traffic between the AP01 and AP02 is blocked or something.

• Zyxel_Nami
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello Pim,

Could you please assist us by testing the ping when both the client and the printer are connected to the same AP?

Besides, are these 2 APs still connected to the GS1200-8HP v2, as mentioned in this forum?

Zyxel Nami

• PimK82
    Options

Yes, still connected to the same Zyxel switch.

Just roamed to AP02 and did a ping again, no result also. So that's also not the case, no issue with clients being on different AP's. What should I test now?

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Hi Pim,

Thank you for the quick update.

We'd like to examine the traffic between clients and APs. Could you please assist us by conducting the following tests?

First, excluding the printer:

• PC A and PC B are connected to AP_01. Could PC A ping PC B and vice versa?
    • PC A and PC B are connected to AP_02. Could PC A ping PC B and vice versa?
    • PC A is connected to AP_01, and PC B is connected to AP_02. Could PC A ping PC B, and vice versa?

If all three scenarios result in successful connections, please proceed with the following tests involving the printer:

• The printer is connected to AP_02, and PC A is connected to either AP_01 or AP_02. You have just tested this and found that the PC on both APs couldn't ping the printer.
    • Next, please verify if the ping is successful when the printer is connected to AP_01, and PC A is connected to AP_01/ AP_02.

Remind: Please check if the PC has the firewall setting enabled that might be blocking ICMP packets.

Your assistance in conducting these tests will be invaluable in helping us further analyze and resolve the issue.

Thank you for your collaboration.

Zyxel Nami

Nebula Tips & Tricks