124»

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 518  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @emreoez

Thank you for your support yesterday.

Initially, we observed that there was a parameter of AP had not been applied by Nebula after some deeper investigation in your AP. Subsequently, we tried to make Nebula reapply the configuration to the AP changing the parameter again, and we found that this resolved the issue.

So far, we have not received any similar reports, and we will continue to monitor the situation to see if this issue occurs in other sites.

Zyxel Nami

• emreoez
    emreoez Posts: 20  Freshman Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector
    edited January 18 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi
    Today i figured something out regarding the Pinging problem.

Everytime i activate Smart Mesh (Configure -> Acces Points -> AP & port settings -> Smart mesh)
    I end up again with pinging devices from mixed bands not possible.

Smart mesh deactivated, pinging possible again.

But should Smart mesh not be activated to gain flawless connection when switching from Floor1&AP1 to Floor2&AP2?

• Zyxel_Nami
    edited January 19 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @emreoez

What are the SSID settings on your site currently? Are they:

• Only 2.4 GHz SSID
    • Only 5 GHz SSID

Please enable Zyxel Support Access again for us to understand your site settings and further investigate the issue.

To achieve flawless connection when the end devices are moving around the area, it should relate to roaming behavior. Roaming is the decision and behavior of the end device; it will switch from AP_A to AP_B when it detects a better signal while roaming. Meanwhile, Smart Mesh is a feature that supports the deployment of APs where there is no ethernet cable available. It allows AP_A to connect wirelessly with AP_B. You may refer to this FAQ for more details:

Zyxel Nami

• emreoez
    emreoez Posts: 20  Freshman Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

So i dont need Smart Mesh for my environment, since both my AP's are plugged with Ethernet Cable to the Switch/Router? If yes, i dont wanna mess arround and let it stay without smart Mesh since Roaming seems fine for me.

• Zyxel_Nami
    edited January 19
    Options

Hi @emreoez

Yes, if your APs are plugged into an Ethernet cable and everything is fine, you don't need to enable Smart Mesh.

However, we can still help investigate the issue with your end devices if you choose to enable it.

Zyxel Nami

Nebula Tips & Tricks