Nebula Down?

NordloJan
NordloJan Posts: 4
First Comment

Hi!

Can anyone access their Nebula account? I get error messages across the board, no matter what PC, phone or browser…

Is there a notification on downtime today? Have not gotten any and now we are without access to all our customers…

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,059  Zyxel Employee
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments

Hi @NordloJan,

We checked the period you reported and there were no outages. Could you share more details with us? This can help us to investigate the login problem. Please let us know these information:

1. The account faced the login issue.
    2. The error message of this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Zyxel Melen

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! 

• jjkanin
    jjkanin Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited May 15

I got this:

Webbplatsen kan inte nås

Kontrollera om det finns ett stavfel i nebula.zyxel.com.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

The website cannot be reached Check for a typo in nebula.zyxel.com.
    DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Used Chrome on MacOS Catalina

The nebula app in IOS still works.

• dukisha016
    dukisha016 Posts: 12  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment

Nebula is down. At least for us in Sweden

• Zyxel_Melen
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments

Hi @jjkanin,

Thanks for the detailed information. I would like to clarify if this relates to your DNS server. Could you help to change your PC's DNS to 8.8.8.8 and check again? Thanks in advance.

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Melen

Hi @dukisha016,

Thanks for the update. Could you describe more details your symptoms? If it is like @jjkanin said, could you help to change your PC's DNS to 8.8.8.8 and check again? Thanks in advance.

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Melen

Hi @jjkanin & @dukisha016,

In addition, I used a VPN to Sweden and Norway to check if I could access Nebula. And the result is yes for both countries.

Zyxel Melen

• Mikkel24
    Mikkel24 Posts: 2
    Zyxel Certified Sales Associate First Comment

Also from Denmark as well - site is down

• Zyxel_Melen

Hi @Mikkel24,

I connect the VPN to Denmark and successfully accessed Nebula Control Center. Could you describe more details your symptoms? Also, I need your help to change your PC's DNS to 8.8.8.8 and check again if you cannot access "nebula.zyxel.com" due to "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN". Thanks in advance.

Zyxel Melen

• Mikkel24
    Mikkel24 Posts: 2
    Zyxel Certified Sales Associate First Comment

i have just changed the DNS to google dns, and can confirm that it works, i've checked with 1.1.1.1 dns, they do not resolve nebula.zyxel.com, so 1.1.1.1 have an issue here (i have seen this before with other domains as well)

• Zyxel_Melen

Hi @Mikkel24,

Thanks for your update!

@jjkanin @NordloJan @dukisha016 The issue you faced might be because your DNS server has some issue that causes you cannot connect to nebula.zyxel.com. Please help to change your PC's DNS to 8.8.8.8.

Zyxel Melen

Nebula Tips & Tricks