Problem with NAS326

Options
Hi. Today I extracted my two hard disks from my NAS326 to read them via USB 3.0.
I was unable to read them from Windows (hard disks are formatted as GPT).
When I reinserted the discs, I could access the data the NAS began beeping continuously until I removed them.
I tried to update the firmware to the latest version available and now I can't access the files on the disks anymore.
How can I recover my data? Thank you

All Replies

• workinto
    workinto Posts: 44  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Not recommend to pull out the disk while NAS power up.It may caused some problem to the disk.
    As I know, it could not read the file via the USB.
    Could you share what is the status of the disk on the NAS now?

• Fabio64
    Fabio64 Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options
    I removed the disks with the NAS turned off. I inserted only one (the disks are in RAID 1) and I see the 
    base folders of the NAS (admin, video, audio, photos) even with some data inside, but I no longer see the "work" folder
    that I had personally created and where were the other data. I found this guide:
    https://kb.zyxel.com/KB/searchArticle!gwsViewDetail.action?articleOid=013308&lang=EN
    but I'm afraid of losing files following it. What do you mean with "status of the disk on the NAS"?
    Thank you so much!
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Have a look in the shares menu to see if you can re-enable the 'work' share.
  • workinto
    workinto Posts: 44  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Options
    If you're able to see the files in the disk, you can check the permission of the file.

Consumer Product Help Center