Zyxel LTE5398-M904 connected to the cellular network but no Internet access

Options

All Replies

• BruCom
    BruCom Posts: 32  Freshman Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector
    edited April 2023
    Options

I have the same suspect because I'm currently using another provider (PosteMobile), since April 6, and the problem did not happen yet. Nevertheless there is no assurance because the problem when using Iliad happened on random basis so, could be, will happen tomorrow or never, who knows. In any case the firmware should be able to manage this uncommon situation, at least now that we made aware Zyxel.

• Rabarbaro
    Options

Really smart and interesting solution!

Unfortunately no server for me to run the watchdog :(

Hopefully someone from Zyxel will get the idea!

• BruCom
    edited April 2023
    Options

To anyone having this issue, could you please check in your log file just after the issue if you have a similar events sequence ?

MMM dd hh:mm:ss user.notice RILCMD: RILCMD STATE: RS_READY ============> RS_UPDATE
    MMM dd hh:mm:ss user.notice RILCMD: cid: 1 cgact_status[0]:1
    MMM dd hh:mm:ss user.notice RILCMD: Device UP in quectel_eg18_update()
    MMM dd hh:mm:ss user.notice RILCMD: set_LTE_connection_status: Up
    MMM dd hh:mm:ss user.notice RILCMD: RILCMD STATE: RS_UPDATE ============> RS_READY
    MMM dd hh:mm:ss user.warning RILCMD: [LTE Cell info] RFCN:2900, Cell_ID:NNNNNN, PCI:52, RSRP:-80
    MMM dd hh:mm:ss user.notice RILCMD: [LTE Cell info] RFCN:2900, Cell_ID:NNNNNN, PCI:52, RSRP:-80
    MMM dd hh:mm:ss user.notice RILCMD: [IP info] IPv4:NNN.NNN.NNN.NNN
    MMM dd hh:mm:ss user.notice RILCMD: [IP info] IPv6:

Be aware that you must have some of log options turned on to be sure to record the above events.

In addition, could you please check if the IP address reported by the log (NNN.NNN.NNN.NNN in the above example) is the same you can see in the web configurator main page ? In my case the 2 IPs do not match and the web configurator main page still shows the IP address previously assigned.

Last but not least, I'm currently using anothe Provider other then Iliad ("Free" brand in France) and the issue is not occurring since when I started using it. So seems that the problem in some way linked to Iliad infrasturcture/networking behaviour.

Thank you

• BruCom
    Options

As not mentioned, it just happened again with a provider other than Iliad after 14 days of trouble-free operation.

• JeanFrancois
    JeanFrancois Posts: 45  Freshman Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Just to mention, I'm with Iliad France "Free" and had the problem in the Alps mountains (twice a day in pure IPv4, every 2 or 3 days with mixed IPv4 + IPv6). Now that I'm back in Paris, it's in pure IPv4 mode and has been working stably for 3 days. And the signal SNR is much better here: I wonder if the bug is related to the provider, the BTS settings, or the signal strength that might temporarily lose the connection and not recover it properly. I'm moving to the Atlantic coasts in a few days, and usually the SNR signal isn't very good there. I ordered external antennas to do further testing if it happens again.

• BruCom
    Options

FYI, my ticket is still open (from 22 days) with no news from the support.

At this point I don't know what to think about, I would not we have defective devices 😕

• Rabarbaro
    Options

Guys I returned my router and bought a Huawei… Very sad about this but for me, after the latest update, it got really unstable. After the internet connection loss I was able to log into the router only via cable…

I hope you will find a solution!

And @BruCom, yes, I had the very same sequence of logs after the connection loss.

• Rabarbaro
    Options

Lastly, also for me no answer from the support!

• fabriba
    fabriba Posts: 18  Freshman Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

any updates on this?

I am having the same problem, trying to see if I can access with root via a script called zyxel_pwgen that was originally meant for installing openwrt on the box, but I am having troubles installing it.

This comment may be removed by zyxel, I doubt they are fond of people jailbreaking their devices, but to be honest if they don't fix the firmware I don't see what options we have.

If I was able to access via root (called "supervisor" user actually), I should be able to install a watchdog of sorts directly on the box.

• BruCom
    edited May 2023
    Options

Total silence from the support for my ticket open 2 months ago.

No comment

Zyxel must understand this is a common issue and, for this reason, I invite all those having the problem to open a ticket.

If not, Zyxel will simply ignore "that single guy unable to use the modem/router".

Consumer Product Help Center