Firmware V5.36(ABWD.0) issues

All Replies

• noc_aba
    noc_aba Posts: 20  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments

Hello, having the issue on 5.36 (atp800 becomes unresponsive ….) we went back to 5.35, and everything works fine as expected (i.e. as before the upgrade). Of course we are looking forward to a fixed/patched 5.36 so as to address properly the security vulnerability of 5.35.

regards

Paolo

• raufozturk
    raufozturk Posts: 5
    First Comment

evem the downgrade back to 5.35 or 5.32 has the same problem for us. We still can’t work smoothly. There is a brake of 5-10 seconds, is there any workarpund for propper downgrade? Or how long should we wait for the new upgrade version?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

I would recommend to install the latest weekly firmware.

Please find the latest weekly firmware here:

https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/360005438274-Weekly-Firmware-Support-Version-Lab-Version

The weekly firmware is a bug-fix firmware that might help you with some current bugs. Be aware that the weekly firmware has not been stress-tested as the official firmware has. But if you're having crash issues, I would give it a try!

Thanks!

• Agor76
    Agor76 Posts: 39  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

Hi AndreasZyxel,

I've tried the latest weekly firmware but still no luck! Same issues here.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0  Freshman Member

Hi @Agor76,

Alright, then I would proceed with the crash procedure with console cable so the support can have a look at that:
    https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/360003880894-USG-Firewall-crash-logging-procedure

Cheers.

• Agor76

hello again Andreas,

I've been contacted by Zyxel_Cooldia and he told me that I'll receive a new firmware to test by tomorrow. He also told me that they found out a possible issue with 2FA which should be related with this case. I also don't have an USB-to-RS232 cable right now

Agor

• lytespeed
    lytespeed Posts: 5
    First Anniversary First Comment

I would like to note that we now have another client having the issue. I believe this issue is related to the SSL VPN and not the L2TP VPN. I have a client that has 5.36 and has numerous L2TP VPN users and they have not reported any issues (and they are heavy VPN users).

• Agor76

I can too confirm that seems to be strictly related to SSL VPN and 2FA emails confirmation. I hadn't any issue, so far, on another Flex 700 with no remote users configured and fw

• lytespeed
    lytespeed Posts: 5
    First Anniversary First Comment

We have a client who just called and they use SSL VPN, but do not use MFA. They are also experiencing the issue.

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member

A changelog is nice.
    Both for test firmware AND lab firmware.

Security Highlight