Zyxel LTE5398-M904 connected to the cellular network but no Internet access

Options

All Replies

• fabriba
    fabriba Posts: 18  Freshman Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

did you try what I suggested above? network settings > broadband > cellular wan (modify) 

on my modem I can choose between ipv4 and ipv4/v6, I don't think yours would be different. I am on V1.00(ABQV.3)C0

• BruCom
    BruCom Posts: 32  Freshman Member
    Options

@Janusz_Nosacz If your goal is use IPv6 the only way I know is using manual APN configuration and select IPv4/IPv6 from "PDP Type" field. If your mobile provider supports IPv6 you will see the assigned address under "WAN Information" "IPv6 address".

By the way, how is going the new LTE module firmware ?

• Janusz_Nosacz
    Janusz_Nosacz Posts: 24  Freshman Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

@BruCom

In general, last week I changed the operator to T-mobile to check if the router will not drop the connection.

Internet speed increased from 131 Mbps to 179 Mbps when aggregating the two bands BC_1 and BC_3.
    I changed the location of the router, which turned it off and on again.

On May 28 at 14:30 my Internet connection broke (the LEDs on the router were green, but in the router panel there was an error of no connection in the "Connectivity" window, after refreshing the page it disappeared) :D
    I did a reboot and the connection came back.

On May 30, around 23:30, I changed the setting to IPv4v6 and recorded the logs.
    I have reviewed them now and do I understand correctly that the router lost its connection to the LTE network, but managed to restore it in a few seconds and changed the IPv4 address?
    The BTS station number is still the same, but I covered it.

Do my logs look similar to yours?

So far, I have no problems with the Internet until the reboot.

The longest time without problems is 5 days and a few hours.

By the way, I saw you @BruCom got an A11 update file from Quectel. Is it different from the one on the NetGear website?

• JeanFrancois
    JeanFrancois Posts: 45  Freshman Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited June 2023
    Options

@BruCom Sorry, I won't be home until a few weeks…

• I've read the thread in your link but it's quiet unclear for me: which firmware do you mean? I've tried both V1.00(ABQV.3)C0 and V1.00(ABQV.2)C0 with same issue, no difference.
    • Last days I used the Zyxel was a nightmare, loosing connection with Sosh (Orange) every few minutes (B20+B28 only with a correct SINR). And my script was only able to reboot the Zyxel as expected, but a router rebooting every few minutes is not a viable solution neither ;-) I finally revert to my old small yet robust Alcatel router and decided to wait until my next stay.

@Janusz_Nosacz There are 3 points to check : 1) enable IPv6 in Cellular WAN, 2) enable IPv4+v6 in APN, and the more difficult 3) enable IPv6 from your provider: it depends on your provider, for example with Free (Illiad) you have to go to your account to enable it, with Sosh (Orange) I think it's not possible at all. If you can't have all 3 set, it's a no-go. However, even if IPv6 address is N/A, but if parameters are set for IPv6 in the Zyxel, it seems sufficient to restore a lost IPv4 session.

Regards, JF.

• Janusz_Nosacz
    Janusz_Nosacz Posts: 24  Freshman Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

@JeanFrancois In "Celluar APN" I set IPv4v6 and since 11 days I have no problems with disconnecting the Internet.
    I checked if the IPv4 address changes and yes it does router loses connection and reconnects after a few seconds.

It is true that I changed the network from Orange to T-Mobile, but it also disconnected me from the internet before changing to IPv4v6.
    I am using V3 router software version and A11 LTE model software

Today is the last day to return the router and stay with me :)

Thank you very much for the tip to change the setting to IPv4v6 :D

• BruCom
    edited June 2023
    Options

@JeanFrancois The device has 2 firmwares, one for the router and one for the modem (LTE Module).

A more recent LTE Module firmware version is available (v8 vs v11) but please note that this newer version is not from Zyxel but from Netgear but, of course, for the same LTE Module (EG18-EA).
    So install it at your own risk.

You can find a post about this topic from @Janusz_Nosacz right here.

• JeanFrancois
    Options

Seen, thanx. I'll give it a try next week when I'll be back home: I've also encountered the aggregation limitation, and if v11 can improve the behaviour it can be a good point.

• JeanFrancois
    edited June 2023
    Options

@BruCom Unfortunatly the router rejected the uploaded file twice. I'm over WiFi, it might be the reason of this issue if my understanding is good.

• BruCom
    Options

you are right, use ethernet

• ced_rp
    ced_rp Posts: 6
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Hi

i have the same problem with Vodafone Business Italy

after randoom period of time ( 5 mins-20hours) modem just loose connection to internet because of LTE-WAN DHCP

Modom cant update WAN IP given form Vodafone Provider

The only way to restore connection is to reboot

Any updates?

Consumer Product Help Center