Connection problems - FWA510 5G router

JvD
JvD Posts: 6
First Comment

Hi,

I just got this router, but it can't connect to the Internet. I have manually changed the APN settings, which got it to at least be online, but at very slow speeds. I talked to the operator's customer support, it seems that the router doesn't connect to the 5G network.

Does anyone have any input regarding this?

Thanks, Jakob

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,327  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula
    edited January 11

Hi @JvD ,

In case there is no 5G connection with your 5G mobile router, consider the following steps in this FAQ:

In addition, could you share with us whether the router can connect to the Internet with 4G LTE?

If you've followed the above recommendation and the issue persists, please enable Zyxel support.

Additionally, please provide us with the name of your Nebula organization/site here or via the private message by clinking to my account > Message.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• JvD
    First Comment

Hi, thanks for your response!

1,2 and 4 above are ok, but I'm not able to update the firmware. I get the error message "Image uploading failed. The selected file is an illegal image."

I have enabled the Zyxel support. Will send the Nebula organization/site via a message.

Thanks, Jakob

• shak
    shak Posts: 10
    Friend Collector First Comment

nr5103Can I upload fwa510 firmware?

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula

Hi @JvD ,

The message indicates that the firmware version you attempted to upgrade on the Nebula FWA510 appears to be incompatible. To upgrade to the latest firmware version 1.17(ACGD.1)C0 for the Nebula FWA510 using the local WEB GUI, please follow the provided link.

We also found that your mobile router appearing offline on Nebula, please consult this FAQ link. It contains valuable information and troubleshooting steps to help resolve this.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• Zyxel_Judy

Hi @shak ,

nr5103Can I upload fwa510 firmware?

Your question is currently being discussed in this thread:

• JvD
    First Comment

Hi! I've now managed to upgrade the firmware when using a SIM-card from another operator. Using this SIM-card works fine (it seems to only use LTE/4G though). When inserting my main SIM from the operator Tele2, the router can't access the internet, that's probably why it appears as offline in Nebula. I've changed the APN to the setting prescribed by Tele2, but I'm still offline. What's my next step?

Thanks, Jakob

• Zyxel_Judy

Hi @JvD ,

using a SIM-card from another operator. Using this SIM-card works fine (it seems to only use LTE/4G though)

Could you please clarify if the SIM card from another operator, which you used to upgrade firmware, is 5G-enabled but only connects to 4G LTE when inserted into the FWA510 or is this SIM card solely capable of 4G LTE connectivity?

inserting my main SIM from the operator Tele2, the router can't access the internet

Regarding your primary Tele2 SIM card, have you observed consistent Internet connectivity and 5G signal strength when using it in a mobile phone or a different mobile router?

If you have confirmed that the Tele2 SIM card functions correctly with other devices but encounters issues with the FWA510, we would like to propose a remote session. This would allow us to collect necessary logs and further investigate the issue. We can discuss and arrange the details of this remote session at your earliest convenience.

• JvD
    First Comment

Hi,

I am not sure if the SIM card from another operator is 5G enabled. But my primary Tele2 SIM card works fine in my phone, where it can access both 4G and 5G. It also works fine in a 4G router.

A remote session sounds like a very good next step, and to do this as soon as possible. When could you do this?

Regards, Jakob

• Zyxel_Judy

Hi Jakob,

You have requested a remote troubleshooting session, however, we have not yet received your response with the Teamviewer ID and password via Community inbox. Please inform us of your availability for a remote session next time if needed. Kindly remember to provide us with the Teamviewer ID and password.

You also can follow this article try to upgrade the Nebula date firmware V1.18 which includes many enhancements and share with us whether your FWA510 can work with 5G connection. The date firmware was sent to your email.

• JvD
    First Comment
    edited February 2

Hi,

Sorry for my late response. A remote session could work tomorrow at 10 AM CET, would that work for you?

Regards,

Jakob

Consumer Product Help Center