VMG3925-B10B drops 5GHz wireless several times a day - HELP!

Comments

• Zyxel_Support_CPE
    Zyxel_Support_CPE Posts: 188  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary
    edited March 2019
    Hi SteveRouter,

VMG3925-B10B next firmware release schedule is postponed. I send download link of 3C0 firmware to you, please help to check your inbox.

• SteveRouter
    SteveRouter Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Thanks - that has fixed it.
  • kiksu
    kiksu Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    I had this exact issue immediately after upgrading the almost brand new modem to 5.13(AAVF.12)C0 (from a 5.13(AAVF.11) version, don't know which). I couldn't see the 5GHz network at all and none of my devices (phone, 2 laptops, Chromecast, TV) could connect to it.

I tried toggling the network off/on, I even reset to factory defaults and tried setting up my old SSID and password. I did not, however, try and see if the 5GHz network worked with the device defaults, because all my devices are already set-up to my own configs.

I downgraded to 5.13(AAVF.11)C0 and so far no issues again. Let's hope it stays that way...
  • JustPretender
    JustPretender Posts: 6  Freshman Member
    Hi,

I have the same issue, however downgrading to "5.13(AAVF.11)C0" didn't help. Can the same magic FW as SteveRouter got?

Thanks!
  • Zyxel_Support_CPE
    First Anniversary

Hi JustPretender,

Please help to check your inbox about download link of .3C0 firmware.

• Hi, same issue for me, please send me the FW.
  • Zyxel_Support_CPE
    First Anniversary

Hi WiFiTroubleNeedFW ,

Please help to let me know the firmwave version you request.  5.13(AAVF.11)C0 or 5.13(AAVF.3)C0?

• J5Dev
    J5Dev Posts: 1
    edited March 2019
    Hi,

I am having the exact same situation as the original poster.

Model: VMG3925-B10B
    Firmware: V5.11(AAVF.3)C0

Do I need to be updating it, and if so where do I get it from and how do I update the FW?

Thank you
  • Zyxel_Support_CPE
    First Anniversary
    Hi J5Dev,

Can you please help to double check firmware version of your VMG3925-B10B? This issue didn't happen in 3C0 so we need know if your issue is same or not?

• thomaslkjeldsen
    thomaslkjeldsen Posts: 7  Freshman Member
    edited April 2019
    Similar experience here. Received the router from hiper.dk, plugged it into the fiber-ethernet box and used the 5Ghz wifi network for about one day until the 5Ghz wifi stopped working. The 2.4Ghz wifi does not seem to be affected.

After rebooting the router the 5Ghz wifi works again for a while. This pattern has repeated for a couple of days now. 

Model: VMG3925-B10B
    Current Firmware Version:V5.13(AAVF.11)C0_20180409B

Consumer Product Help Center