VMG3925-B10B drops 5GHz wireless several times a day - HELP!

Comments

• JustPretender
    JustPretender Posts: 6  Freshman Member
    Hi @Zyxel_Support_CPE

Unfortunately, .3C0 firmware didn't help. I think the situation got even worse. The 5.2GHz connection doesn't last even an hour.
  • Zyxel_Support_CPE
    Zyxel_Support_CPE Posts: 188  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary
    Hi JustPretender,

Can you please explain more detail the situation you have? This 5GHz wireless issue only happens on 5G, not 2.4G, but it seems it’s not same as yours, right? You may connect to device via 2.4G only to check if it still happens or not. 

• JustPretender

The problem is the following:
    1. VMG3925-B10B starts with both 2.4GHz and 5.2GHz APs enabled and running;
    2. I connect a client to the 5.2GHz AP, connection is succesful and evertyhing seems to work like it should (essentially I get my access to the internet, etc)
    3. After some time - a couple of minutes, can't tell how many - 5.2GHz AP disappears, my client gets disconnected (obivously) and is unable to find the 5.2GHz AP anymore;
    4. I have to reboot VMG3925-B10B to get 5.2GHz AP back and then the situation repeats

• Zyxel_Support_CPE
    First Anniversary
    Hi JustPretender,

Thanks for explanation. As we discussed in this post, it’s a known issue for 5G and will be fixed in newer version (end of May). So please help to check if 2.4G connection works well in current fw.  

• lauowolf
    lauowolf Posts: 1
    ... waves hand.
    Will the newer version at the end of May be something that is automatically updated?
    Or do I have to come here to get a patch of some kind.
    I just spent a fun afternoon trying to get my 5G to stay put, and would really like this thing to start working correctly soon.
  • thomaslkjeldsen
    thomaslkjeldsen Posts: 7  Freshman Member
    Quick update: I received a replacement router from my ISP. Same model and same firmware. On the replacement router the 5Ghz wifi stops working after a few minutes. :#
  • JustPretender
    Yes, where is this infamous FW update? Or I should continue to use half a product?
  • Zyxel_Support_CPE
    First Anniversary

Hi JustPretender/ lauowolf,

I am sorry to inform you that we have to postpone release schedule. This is because we have to add another patch in this release and now it’s under testing. Expect to release date is on June/17. 

• danielnielsen
    danielnielsen Posts: 1
    edited May 2019
    Hi Zyxel Support,

I have the same problem as others here. Received my router from my ISP (Hiper) and 5Ghz keeps dropping. 

Model: VMG3925-B10B
    Current Firmware Version:V5.13(AAVF.11)C0_20180409B
  • Zyxel_Support_CPE
    First Anniversary

Hi danielnielsen,

V5.13(AAVF.11)C0_20180409B was released for Hiper only because of special case. I don’t suggest you to change fw version.

Consumer Product Help Center