VMG3925-B10B drops 5GHz wireless several times a day - HELP!

Comments

• Hummel
    Hummel Posts: 212  Master Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Have you checked the the 5G channel when you encounter the problem? Maybe your problem is because of the DFS channel. So my suggestion is to fix it in a non-DFS channel first to see if the problem still happens.
  • Aaronsz
    Aaronsz Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    @Hummel Thanks for you response!

This whole issue started about a week ago when I noticed my 5G network being really slow and unstable. I've restarted the router and then couldn't connect to 5G at all.

The issue is when it's set to Auto it usually switches to channel 36 (non-DFS) and am able to connect but it drops soon after and disappears from the available wifi networks on all of my devices. I saw someone mention to change it to channel 100 (which is DFS) and it automatically switched back to channel 36 (even though it's not set to auto).

It seems to work on channel 36 (set to auto) for now but I don't know for how long. Seeing as many other people had the issue it seems like it needs a fix not just a setting issue especially since it was running fine until now.
  • sebus
    sebus Posts: 4  Freshman Member
    Latest official available firmware - V5.13(AAVF.13)C0
    NOT a single device can connect to 5G
    Each errors out that password is not correct.
    Tried various channels, no difference, network visible, but no connection!

Faulty unit or just s**t firmware?
    Anybody any ideas?
  • Hikari
    Hikari Posts: 99
    First Comment
    Hi Aaronsz

You have mentioned you belong to certain ISP service, I would suggest if you can contact with your ISP first. Usually, ISP would have a special setting in FW, even we provide a test FW it may not able to test in your environment.

Hi sebus

For your password tragedy, I would suggest please do the following try. Do both steps.  
    Step 1: Power down / power up VMG3925 again.
    Step 2: In your phone or laptop, forget the SSID info and re-join the SSID. 
    Hope you can use Wi-Fi again.

• sebus
    sebus Posts: 4  Freshman Member
    Thanks for the advice, but you really expected me not to do that already x number of times? As well as changing to every available channel.
    NOTHING makes it work!
  • Hikari
    First Comment
    Hi sebus
    I hope I would know everything even if you didn't tell me :) Why not share what have you tried, and how does it not work. Then we can think about what else we can do for you?
  • RouterLivesMatter
    RouterLivesMatter Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Dear Zyxel,

I have the same problem as OP. May I have the .3C0 firmware also?

Stay healthy!
  • Hikari
    First Comment
    Hi RouterLivesMatter

May I ask your current FW version? Want to know if you are using a normal FW or an ISP specific FW version. A full FW ID can show if your service/config has special setting.
  • RouterLivesMatter
    RouterLivesMatter Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Hi Hikari,

I thought this thread was only 1 page long when I posted my question. Let me try the tips already posted and I will get back to you.

Cheers!
  • ziggy2k7
    ziggy2k7 Posts: 1
    I Have the same problem with this router. 5g used to regularly drop out throughout the day and now no device (computer, TV, Phone) can pick up the 5g signal. The 5g light is on on the router but nothing can pick it up. Can you help?

Consumer Product Help Center