Zyxel nas542 boot loop after installing OMV

2»

All Replies

• the image is the one shared by you https://zyxel.diskstation.eu/Users/Mijzelf/NAS/542/and it has 6.99 MB, i rename it to uImage.520.bin from uImage.520ABAG1C0.bin
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    That should be right. Maybe the load address is the problem. Try something else, like 82000000 or 2000000.
  • Mijzelf said:
    That should be right. Maybe the load address is the problem. Try something else, like 82000000 or 2000000.
    I will do it tonight and late you know the results
  • Mijzelf said:
    No luck, i have tried with both 82000000 or 2000000

Barebox-C2K >/ bootm 2000000

ERROR: out of memory

• sorry Mijzelf for the late reply, didn't had the time to check last couple of days, i was busy with some health related issues 
  • So, i made some progress using the bellow commands:

eth0.ipaddr=192.168.1.191

eth0.serverip=192.168.1.139

addpart /dev/mem 8M@0x8000(kernelraw)

addpart /dev/mem 8M@8M(kernel)

netload="/dev/mem.kernel"

tftp uImage.520.bin $netload

bootm ${netload}

It boots from the image but in the end, after restart i get bad magic number. Looking on this thread https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/7674/nas542-bootloop-after-debian-omv-get-a-new-firmware-solved/p4 i can see that some bootargs was modified on the config file, can you please help me with what i need to modify on the config file?
  • Hi guy archigrafTriu can you please share your config file so i can compare it with mine? Thank you in advanced!!!
  • Hi guys archigrafTriu can you please share your config file so i can compare it with mine? Thank you in advanced!!!
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    faierbol said:
    It boots from the image but in the end, after restart i get bad magic number.
    So it boots the stock kernel, but after a restart nothing is changed? If you didn't do anything than booting the stock kernel, indeed nothing is changed. The idea is let the stock kernel use a Rescue stick (you can use the 540 one, when you exchange the ras.bin file by a 542 one, and set the right md5sum in the ras.bin.md5sum file) to flash the firmware,  or a Universal usb_key_func stick to get telnet access to do some stuff.

Consumer Product Help Center