FWA710 losing 5G

Options

Hey Guys!

Had my FWA710 working great for some months now, but recently it loses 5G and won´t switch back to it. Once I restart it it´s working again.

I´m on the latest firmware V1.17(ACGC.0)C0, 4G and 5G Signal pretty strong.

Is it a bug? Compared to the NR7101 the available firmware is pretty old and there´s no automatic-reboot option available.

Thanks for any help!

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 289  Master Member
    Community MVP First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

I agree with you, the available firmware is pretty old compared to NR7101…. 4 days older lol……

So there is no scheduled to fill in, sounds bad….

Do you use Auto or what?

If auto i suggest you change it….

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 658  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @psmworld

You may refer to the guide suggested by @SELBERG or check out this article for further troubleshooting:

Additionally, if you would like to set up a scheduled reboot on the Nebula FWA710, please ensure your device is registered on the Nebula Cloud mode. Then, you can configure it under Nebula CC > Site-wide > Devices > Mobile Router > Maintenance.

If the issue still persists, please back up your configuration file and take a screenshot of the cellular info to show the signal level (Homepage > Cellular Info > click ">" to open the full page and take a screenshot of the entire page). Then, provide us with this information via private message. This will give us a clearer insight into your setup and situation.

Share yours now! https://bit.ly/4aO0BMF

Kay

• psmworld
    psmworld Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Hi!

There are several newer firmware updates for NR7101 besides the official Download-Section. https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/de/articles/4403365084818-Zyxel-5G-Geräte-NR-Serie-Erweiterte-Downloads-Firmware-und-andere-Ressourcen

FWA710 is not included in this.

The FWA710 does not have Schedule at the monent! Only manual reboot available.

And it also does not have single selections of 5G. Only Auto (4G/5G-SA/5G-NSA)

• Zyxel_Kay
    edited June 3
    Options

Hi @psmworld

The option "NR5G-SA" in Cellular Band Access Technology refers to the pure 5G signal. From my end, the FWA710 does have this single selection of 5G. To gain a clearer understanding of your situation, could you please provide a screenshot of this option selection?

Additionally, if you are still having trouble connecting to the 5G signal after following the guidance provided above, please send us your configuration file and a screenshot of the cellular info (Homepage > Cellular Info > click ">" to open the full page and take a screenshot of the entire page) via private msg.

Kay

• SELBERG
    SELBERG Posts: 289  Master Member
    Community MVP First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • bluechris
    bluechris Posts: 9
    Friend Collector First Comment
    edited June 5
    Options

Hi

I experience the same problems some weeks now. Basically 2 things happening in the FWA710. The 1st is that is shown that connection exists, it has ip correctly but it doesn't have internet and is disconnected from nebula.

The 2nd is that it shows that, "Waiting for SIM signal" with no internet off course and no connection to nebula again.

In both problems a reboot resolves the situation but lately its happening constantly many times during the day. I took the router in work also and is happening there in a different antenna.

My provider is Cosmote Greece and we still have 5G-NSA even though the provider is ready to switch to 5G-SA in the upcoming weeks. I have tried all the possible combinations in Cellular Band settings in Access Technology and in Band Management with no luck

We really need a fix here for this or at least the ability to have a watchdog to restart the 5G module if the internet is lost after some time and is persistent.

My APN settings are manual and the Wi-Fi is disabled in the device. The problem is not with the sim because it resolves after a reboot and off course i had tried a newer sim with the same results. If you take the sim and install it in a phone or in another 5G router (i have a Huawei CPE Pro2 also) this is not happening.

Please do something, i love the router but i cannot stand this problem.

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @bluechris

To better understand your issue, could you please share how often you encounter it (e.g., how long after rebooting does the issue occur)? Additionally, please enable Zyxel Support on Nebula CC and provide us with your organization and site name.

Kay

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

To prevent any misunderstanding regarding the screenshot mentioned by @SELBERG , it is related to the vulnerability CVE-2024-0816.

This buffer overflow vulnerability in some 5G NR/4G LTE CPE, DSL/Ethernet CPE, fiber ONT, WiFi extender, and home router devices could allow an authenticated local attacker to cause DoS conditions by executing the CLI command with crafted strings on an affected device

The potential risk is from the LAN side rather than the WAN (Cellular connection) side, meaning the affected FWA product will not be impacted unless the device owner intentionally attacks their own device.

For more information, please refer to this security advisory post:

Zyxel security advisory for buffer overflow vulnerabilities in some 5G NR/4G LTE CPE, ...

Therefore, the difficulty with the 5G connection is not related to the vulnerability CVE-2024-0816.

If you encounter any 5G connection difficulties, please fine-tune your device using the troubleshooting guide mentioned here:

If the issue persists, please share the following information for further troubleshooting:

1. Enable Zyxel Support on Nebula CC and provide us with your organization and site name.
    2. Your device configuration file.
    3. Cellular info showing the signal level (Homepage > Cellular Info > click ">" to open the full page and take a screenshot of the entire page).
    4. Describe your symptoms, including the frequency of the issue.

Kay

• bluechris
    bluechris Posts: 9
    Friend Collector First Comment
    edited June 14
    Options

Dear Kay

The problem occur lately constantly during the day, the night it behaves better but there are days that the modem doesnt want to connect nowhere.

I enabled the support, my organization site name is HOME and site name is BlueChris

Kind Regards

Chris

Consumer Product Help Center